Covid-19 Patient Screening Form
Dear Patients and Families of Dr. Harmon’s Dental Practice,
We hope this e-mail finds everyone healthy and happy. Our team has missed you so much and we are beyond ready to get back to work! Much has changed since we last saw you and we want to update you on our office, its measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy and safe.
Our team has been very busy gathering the most current information and staying as up-to-date as possible. We are following directives from our counties, the CDC, as well as the American Dental Association, and the California Dental Association.
To that end, our office is re-opening slowly over the next few months. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and infection control measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and our entire team.
We ask for your patience. We had to cancel over 1000 appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. Despite this desire, we have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well-thought-out by our doctor and team.
Our office policies have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- There will be a limited number of patients per day, about half as many as our normal capacity.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have a comprehensive and accurate list of every appointment canceled, however we may not realize your urgency.
- If you are immunocompromised or do not feel comfortable coming to the office, please call us so we can make arrangements for you.
- If you are extremely eager or have been experiencing discomfort, please call our office so we may discuss your situation with Doctor Harmon.
- The day prior to your appointment, you will receive a call or text to review a simple questionnaire assessing your well-being and verifying you are safe to be treated. Please respond to the call/questionnaire prior to coming in for your visit. If you have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, or you are experiencing any signs or symptoms, you will be asked to not come in for an appointment for 3 weeks and may be asked to provide a letter from your Medical doctor.
- When you arrive in our parking lot for your appointment, please call or text us upon your arrival. A team member will then direct you.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office, and only once their room is ready. The only exception will be for patients needing extra assistance. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed in the office.
- Upon entering our office, you will find some changes to our office have been made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and team.
- Please bring your own mask/face covering and wear it into the office.
- You will be directed to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon entering the office.
- Your temperature will be measured by our team member using a touchless or covered ear thermometer. If your temperature is over 99.5 ⁰F, you will be asked to leave and not return for 3 or more weeks for a self-quarantine requirement.
- After checking your temperature, we will quickly recheck your symptoms and possible COVID contact history.
- Please maintain the 6-foot personal distancing guidelines at all times when in the office.
- We ask for your understanding. While we will try to address all of your treatment needs and questions during your visit, some items may need to be done over the phone after we have completed your care. This is in order to safely sanitize patient rooms and to keep a safe distance and for privacy of other patients. Please understand that we will not be able to visit as much as in the past due to the limitations with personal distancing and COVID -19 room/staff turnaround.
We are grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We ask for your patience and understanding. For some patients, your cosmetic treatment progress has been delayed. We wish that were not the case. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track safely, while not exposing other patients, team members, and our community to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.
We can't wait to see you!
Dr. Harmon and Team